Bettina May (born February 28, 1979) is a Canadian born pin-up model, burlesque dancer and photographer currently living in Brooklyn, NY.
May started her pin-up modeling career in 2003 as one of the first Western Canadian models for Los Angeles-based modern pin-up website SuicideGirls.com and started burlesque dancing that same year. She appeared in Episode 31 of HBO's RealSex tv show on the Rebirth of Modern Pinup and was also a dancer in the Probot music video "Shake Your Blood" featuring Dave Grohl and Lemmy Kilmister. She has toured the USA and Europe extensively, and has appeared in a number of newspapers and magazines, including The New York Times, New York Post, Shimmy Magazine, and Dynamite Magazine in Germany.
She designs her own line of vintage-inspired vegan accessories, which has been worn by celebrities like Dita Von Teese and Bernie Dexter, called Coquette Faux Furriers. Her involvement with SuicideGirls and PETA led to her being a featured model in PETA's "I'd Rather Go Naked Than Wear Fur" ad campaign.
- ↑ Osler, Rebecca. "Peekaboo girls revive the pin-up", The Vancouver Sun, Vancouver, 29 April 2006
- ↑ "Coquette Faux Furriers website"
- ↑ "Hollywood Glamour with a hip, vegan twist." "Furisdead.com"
- ↑ "World Dance New York"
- ↑ "Your Inner Pinup" "NBC News" 05 July 2009. Retrieved on 2010-08-10
- ↑ "So You Want Va-Va-Voom?" "The New York Times" Retrieved on 2010-08-10
- (ITALIANO) Bettina May (italiano) (this same page in italian)
Bettina May on YoutubeModifica
- Bettina May's Official Website
- Bettina May (pagina in italiano)
- Voce Bettina_May di Wikipedia in inglese (base per questa voce)