She is the owner of the internet boutique Danger Dame, which specializes in clothing inspired by burlesque, cabaret, the 1940s and 1950s. She follows the influence of Bettie Page and Marlene Dietrich
Varlow started to follow her dreams after being attacked in the face by a rottweiler in December 2003. While in eight hours of surgery, she sadly realized that the only reason she was not following her true dreams was because she was afraid of what other people would think. Determined to live her dreams no matter what, she left her cubicle life behind and started performing world wide.
Varlow has performed internationally as one of Emilie Autumn's "The Bloody Crumpets" as "The Naughty Veronica" since 2007. Varlow has performed for events held by designer Marc Jacobs, supermodel Heidi Klum, The Whitney Museum and for NYT Best-Selling Vampire Novelist, Melissa de la Cruz. The Gothamist said of her, "Veronica Varlow courts danger, or, at the very least, projects an image of a siren so alluring you simply can't resist her, even when you know you're headed straight for hell (or jail)." She was also called "A modern day Marlene Dietrich" by the London Times. She was recently named one of the 12 "Hottest Ladies of Burlesque" alongside such icons as Bettie Page, Lili St. Cyr, and Sherry Britton.
- Revolver: best trailers
Film and TV appearancesModifica
In the fall of 2008, Varlow participated as a coach for Andrea Martin in MTV's Emmy-winning show, MADE. She appeared in the 2009 film Exposed and in the 2010 short documentary Dr Sketchy's Anti-Art School by Peter Bolte.
- ↑ 1,0 1,1 http://profiles.retrokitten.com/1068?2
- ↑ 2,0 2,1 http://gothamist.com/2006/03/14/veronica_varlow_1.php
- ↑ http://oldhollywoodglamour.blogspot.com/2009/11/veronica-varlow.html
- ↑ http://dangerdame.com/cgi-bin/dbs/order.cgi?db=order&uid=default&Category=DressToKill&view_records=1&sb=1&so=descend
- ↑ 5,0 5,1 http://www.thequestforit.com/the_quest_for_it/2009/10/melissa-de-cruz-book.html
- ↑ http://www.emilieautumn.com/story.html
- ↑ http://www.asylum.co.uk/2010/03/30/the-hottest-ladies-from-the-world-of-burlesque/
- ↑ http://www.goldentrailer.com/awards.gta5.php
- ↑ http://www.revolverthemovie.com/crew.html
- ↑ Exposed entry on imdb.com
- ↑ Dr. Sketchy's Anti-Art School entry on imdb.com
- www.dangerdame.com "Dangerdame", Veronica Varlow's website and internet boutique.